Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What I learned from Quaker Oats


So, I'm sitting here drawing in my art journal


and I thought, "What's the point of this?"


I got the answer from a Quaker Oats commercial....


It said, "Why do we grow Quaker Oats?


because there are mountains to climb,


dreams to be realized,


new worlds to be explored,


and hearts to be won."


It showed a girl in a bedroom, on her bed, writing in a notebook......


just like I am right now.


It's so super easy to forget why we do what we do.


Especially when it's something that the world does not value.


Sadly, in our world, creativity and self-exploration are not rewarded.


Not with money and jewels,


but instead with deep sense of self-satisfaction,
which comes from The Self
and no one else.


I was going for that high school notebook that took months to create with doodles done here and there......in the classes you hated......which for me, was all of them, look.  I believe I achieved it.  I wish my high school notebooks looked this beautiful.

~magick~
Meliss

Ps:  Sorry my post was late - internet troubles which can't get fixed until Saturday which means I probably won't be around until next week.  See you then!

Need some help liking your own art?

Need some help liking your own art?
interviews and advice are just a click away
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click here to view this photo book larger

You'll love Shutterfly's award-winning photo books. Try it today.