Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hearting some arting

Sorry, no interview today. But there is art!

Some of these paintings are complete and some are not. Mostly it's the writing part that isn't done. I find the actual writing on the paintings kinda boring, so I have to be in the right mood. It's so much more fun to paint the women! But they'll get there.

The house of her dreams is just over that hill

She's not finished. The words need to be fixed so they stand out more.

I didn't do this on purpose, but as I was working on her, she just kept reminding me of this gorgeous woman. :)


Seed + Earth + Water + Sun + Time = Life

You've seen this one before, but now she's complete.


her hair ~ the color of soil and sun

her dress ~ the color of the rows










Here's a couple I did when it was snowing so much!

My dream, of us, sharing this winter, came true



love the texture of the snow and their lil house


Eventually this painting will say, "No matter how cold it is out there, my heart will stay warm." I really dig the 3-d effect of the buildings.




I am the woman of my dreams!

Here's my latest work. Love her!


Here's a couple paintings I did back in the fall, but again, it took me awhile to get around to the words. So I'm sharing them now.


Stretch up native heart, wake up wild soul, on this wintered full moon night


Her thoughts became a flower



I'm off to create some art! Have a fantabulous day!

~magick~
Melissa

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful paintings I do love all the different textures you use in your paintings and I love the colours in this one: 'Stretch up native heart' so pretty!!

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is SO pretty, Melissa! I love the first piece, even though it is not finished. And the last piece is gorgeous!!! I mean, I like them ALL - but those are my favorites. :)
    Have a lovely day!!! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are so prolific. These are great and I'm so enjoying the interviews. Happy creating and painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *** beautiful ***
    i am sooo flattered she reminds you of me!!
    & what perfect words...
    the house of her dreams is over the hill ...
    i love it melissa
    love it
    love it
    love them all!!
    & YOU!!!
    keep painting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! So beautiful........ LoVe them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh melissa! they are so wonderful... i look at them and i feel so peaceful...

    ReplyDelete

YAY! I wanna hear what you've got to say!

Need some help liking your own art?

Need some help liking your own art?
interviews and advice are just a click away
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click here to view this photo book larger

You'll love Shutterfly's award-winning photo books. Try it today.