Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Heart Your Art Campaign 2010



I have struggled for many years to "feel good" about my creations. This has caused me a ton of pain and stopped me from fulfilling my potential. I know many others experience this struggle as well. I contain a deep understanding that having the warm-fuzzies toward what we create is important, perhaps vital, to our journey, to our art, to ourselves, and to those who love us. This is why on February 1, I am launching a campaign called "Heart Your Art"! I'd like this to be an open and honest discussion about:

~ the struggle - what we think, how we feel, what we experience

~ what we've learned - about ourselves, about others, about being an Artist

~ how we can keep going - how we can cope, tips and tricks

My plan is:

~ to share my own past and present struggles through my journal entries, what I've learned, etc.

~ to have a Mr. Linky, so that you can share your thoughts, feelings, experiences, and of course your art

~ to interview artists about their experiences

I'll be posting Monday through Friday.

I've already received a lot of positive feedback from the artists that I've contacted. Here's a current list of the artists who are participating:

Chris from Creative Juices Arts
Heather from Audry Eclectic
Jane from Jane and the Happy Crow
Joanna Rowan Mullane from Little Faerie Tales
Robyn from Robyn's Art
Sandy from Indigo Goddess
Sharon from All Norah's Art
Shonna from Twisted Figures

Theresa from The Happy Soul
Zorana from Zoranaland

If there are any artists that you'd like to see interviewed that aren't listed, please let me know.

If you'd like to add the logo to your sidebar, here's the code.



I hope no matter where we are on our artist journey we can learn something new, grow bigger in our beauty, and commit ourselves to HEARTing OUR ART! See you on February 1!

~magick~
Melissa

Need some help liking your own art?

Need some help liking your own art?
interviews and advice are just a click away
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click here to view this photo book larger

You'll love Shutterfly's award-winning photo books. Try it today.