Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What I've been doin'

Taking things like this


and doin' things like this


and makin' pockets like this


or pockets like this


and doin' more and more zig-zag stitch


and using home-made multi-colored thread


and at the end of sewing each page, finding a beautiful tangle of threads
which is sometimes how Life feels


and being so in love with zig-zag stitch I'd marry it if I wasn't already



and making cards like this because.....


I see so much cute'ness around me...


that I want to record it all


and taking old calendars


and grunge-ing it up with sand-papier


and adding layers upon layers


and the smallest imprinted 3's


and coming out with something so beautiful that I've looked at it every day since


and making coffee mixtures and taking steamy pictures


and dipping and dye-ing papers


and making lists of things I need to do to take care of myself


in between the making of art


and looking forward to using them all on September 1st



and arriving to this place



still with empty space.

~magick~
Meliss

Ps:  See what I fill it with on Friday

Need some help liking your own art?

Need some help liking your own art?
interviews and advice are just a click away
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click here to view this photo book larger

You'll love Shutterfly's award-winning photo books. Try it today.